Yesterday (11/28) marked a full year of Collinswoah’s Corner!!! A FULL ENTIRE YEAR! I knew it was coming up but holy cow I didn’t think it was already here!!
Collinswoah’s Corner has grown quite a bit in a year. It went from primarily being about nerdy things of all sorts to being more about my writing and sometimes my projects and crafts. I also went from a free site to a paid one all because I hit my view goal out of the park. Thank you guys.
This blog has also helped me grow as a person. It’s a huge step to take to put yourself out on the internet and share your personal writing. But hey, I’m doing it! Yay!
I have to say a BIG thank you to everyone who has ever visited this blog, everyone who will visit and everyone who continues to visit. You all mean so very much to me. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Without you guys this blog would not be possible.
To say thank you even more I am having my biggest sale to date in my Etsy shop. Take advantage of 25% everything, including any custom orders I am able to do. Check out the sale here. The sale runs from 11/29/17-12/09/17.
Year one has been a HUGE success for Collinswoah’s Corner and I can’t wait to see what all happens in year two.
Thank you all with all my heart.
Stay classy and sassy<3
Sale in my shop! Take advantage of savings!
In honor of Black Friday and Cyber Monday, I have a sale going on in my Etsy shop.
Almost everything is 20% off!
Go check it out!
Pictured above are most of the items I sell in my shop and are all on sale!
The sale is going through 11/28 so don’t wait!
A lot of great and unique gift ideas for the holidays coming up 😉
Stay classy and sassy!
Look what I’m making for my shop next!
Remember how I said I wanted to share all of my creative outlets?
Well here we go! I thought I’d share some of my current work in progresses for my Etsy shop!
First up, I’m working on these awesome Star Wars character standees:
I’m super happy with how the characters are turning out and love that the logo makes a perfect base for them to stand on. My biggest struggles with this projects has been ironing the base and making sure the tongue of the characters that fit into the base have melted enough while not melting the rest of the character too much. I personally have not been brave enough to attempt the taping method which is why ironing the base was so troublesome for me. Looks like I’m going to have to buck up and try it sooner rather than later!
So this is my next work in progress:
Yup! More perlers! These go along with my GameBoy earbud winders. I’m soon going to be offering GameBoy Advance earbud winders that look like this! These are seriously cool looking in my opinion. I am super excited for these to launch!
Stay tuned for updates these to hit my shop and other work in progresses I find myself getting into and sharing.
Stay classy and sassy!
It’s been awhile since I’ve talked about my shop on Etsy but I have new stuff up and ready for purchase in my shop!
Here are some of the newer items to my shop:
Take a look at the listings and my shop for yourself here.
The holiday season is quickly approaching and I’m trying to get ready for it by adding even more products to my shop so stay tuned for those to be coming!
I’m super happy and proud of how everything came out. I’m also thrilled with the fact that for the most part I’ve really been sticking to making new things. It’s a nice hobby and I love doing it.
Let me know if you all are interested in my creative process of how I do it all!
Stay classy and sassy!
Talking about some of the harder things in running an Etsy shop.
Hello guys and welcome back! I hope you all are doing well!
If you guys were unaware, I started my Etsy shop a little while back. It’s called NerdCentral13 and can be found here. I sell nerd related items for the most part.
But with starting and running an Etsy shop there are some not so glorious things that people don’t usually talk about much.
This is not to say I don’t love my Etsy shop. Because I do. It is my baby and I am very proud of it and all that I have done in such a short period of time. I am super excited to see what the future holds as my shop is still very young
- Success will NOT happen over night. It is very slow. People need time to find your shop and to make the decision whether or not to buy your product. Once you start getting the sales, more will trickle in. People want to know that you are trustworthy and your products are as advertised. This is something I knew going in, when starting my shop which is a case of patience is very much a virtue.
- You will have to spend money to make money. I don’t mean just on the cost of materials for your products but on advertising. Etsy and Google make it easy to help get your name out there but it isn’t free. You can set your daily limit but just remember, you need to have backup funding until your shop takes off. So don’t quit your job thinking this will pay all your bills. It may one day, just not at first!
- Social media will become key. You will need to “pimp” your shop and products out. This should be done on the regular with lots of hashtags to bring as much awareness to you and your shop as you can.
- Which brings me to the most important one. Time. You will never have enough. You will never estimate enough. You will have to miss out on some fun real world things to meet deadlines. Sometimes you will have to say no to opportunities because of time. But make sure to keep it fun and have a balance between your shop and life!
- Not everything will turn out right every time. This one has been a hard one for me. It’s very frustrating when something gets messed up or ruined. It’s okay to fail and have to start over. It happens to everyone and will happen to you.
- Love what you make. Every. Single. Time. Many shops make a number of different items but find that customers flock to one particular item over the others. In that case you will have to make a lot of that one thing.
I’m not saying don’t open a shop. I’m actually saying the opposite. Stop waiting around. Do it. Go for it. Don’t let anything stand in your way. But know, going in to it that these are the not so glamorous parts of it. Go in with eyes wide open.
So have your own Etsy shop? Drop your links in the comments!
Stay classy and sassy guys! ❤