Talking about some of the harder things in running an Etsy shop.
Hello guys and welcome back! I hope you all are doing well!
If you guys were unaware, I started my Etsy shop a little while back. It’s called NerdCentral13 and can be found here. I sell nerd related items for the most part.
But with starting and running an Etsy shop there are some not so glorious things that people don’t usually talk about much.
This is not to say I don’t love my Etsy shop. Because I do. It is my baby and I am very proud of it and all that I have done in such a short period of time. I am super excited to see what the future holds as my shop is still very young
- Success will NOT happen over night. It is very slow. People need time to find your shop and to make the decision whether or not to buy your product. Once you start getting the sales, more will trickle in. People want to know that you are trustworthy and your products are as advertised. This is something I knew going in, when starting my shop which is a case of patience is very much a virtue.
- You will have to spend money to make money. I don’t mean just on the cost of materials for your products but on advertising. Etsy and Google make it easy to help get your name out there but it isn’t free. You can set your daily limit but just remember, you need to have backup funding until your shop takes off. So don’t quit your job thinking this will pay all your bills. It may one day, just not at first!
- Social media will become key. You will need to “pimp” your shop and products out. This should be done on the regular with lots of hashtags to bring as much awareness to you and your shop as you can.
- Which brings me to the most important one. Time. You will never have enough. You will never estimate enough. You will have to miss out on some fun real world things to meet deadlines. Sometimes you will have to say no to opportunities because of time. But make sure to keep it fun and have a balance between your shop and life!
- Not everything will turn out right every time. This one has been a hard one for me. It’s very frustrating when something gets messed up or ruined. It’s okay to fail and have to start over. It happens to everyone and will happen to you.
- Love what you make. Every. Single. Time. Many shops make a number of different items but find that customers flock to one particular item over the others. In that case you will have to make a lot of that one thing.
I’m not saying don’t open a shop. I’m actually saying the opposite. Stop waiting around. Do it. Go for it. Don’t let anything stand in your way. But know, going in to it that these are the not so glamorous parts of it. Go in with eyes wide open.
So have your own Etsy shop? Drop your links in the comments!
Stay classy and sassy guys! ❤
Tips on how to make old games fun and feel like new again.
Hello and welcome back guys! I hope that you all had a wonderful and safe weekend!
We all have and/or had those times where you can’t afford a new video games but are thoroughly bored with everything that you own. Well, good thing I have some tips and ideas to make those old games fun and entertaining again!
- Some of the easiest ways to change a game up is to limit how you attack; only use melee weapons, only use magic, never use magic, never melee, etc. It really makes the brain think more and old enemies are now much more of a challenge.
- Try speed running the game. See just how quickly you can make it through to the end.
- Or see how far you can get without dying and/or not using healing items. It’s even more fun when you get your friends involved to see who can make it the farthest.
- And of course there’s always the 100% runs. The perfectionist in my loves this one. Collect everything. With and/or without the strategy guides or walkthroughs, this one is most definitely a challenge.
- There’s always achievement hunting too. I, personally, like to focus on the pretty achievements games like to hang over your head. Achievement hunting can vastly change a playthrough and cause different choices and actions to be made.
- Last but not least, browse forums for the game. You’d be surprised at the game specific challenges fans can come up with. Some can even become your new and preferred play style of a game. I know that it has happened to me a time or two.
Stay classy and sassy guys ❤
Score those video games at a garage sale!
Hello friends and welcome back! I hope you all have had a wonderful and amazing week.
It’s summertime and we all know what that means, garage sale season! So let’s talk about some tips to help score those games at garage sales!
First and foremost, if you missed Monday’s post about getting good deals check it out here because you need to have your resources to know if initial asking prices are high or low.
Next map out where you want to hit. Make sure to cover as much ground as quickly as possible. Other collectors are out there and will snag those games and deals!
Be sure to stop at all sales. Even if it looks like it’s not going to be a hit, still stop because it never hurts to ask.
ASK! Always ask! If they don’t have what you’re looking for ask. Start rattling off systems. It can and does work! If they have something ask to take a look and let them know you can probably make an offer.
Have them throw out a price first and negotiate from there. It allows you to assess how much they value the items and see what you might have to pay for it and negotiate from there.
DON’T be afraid to walk away. There will be other deals and sometimes walking away from the person, they may meet your offer or come closer to to what you want to pay.
Well those are all the tips I have! Good luck and hit those sales!
Stay classy and sassy guys! ❤
My best tips and tricks for beating the winter blues!
Hello and welcome back beautiful friends!
So we all know the winter blues are a REAL thing and I personally dread winter just because of the winter blues that always come and try to knock me down. And the rest of winter is pretty amazing if I do say so myself. And in true Collinswoah13 fashion, this will have some nerdy ideas 😉 So let’s get to it!
Tip #1: Color!
Okay, I know it sounds super silly and childish but I’m sure y’all know about adult coloring books. (I personally also love the kids coloring books still). It has been studied in psychological tests that coloring HAS been linked to help stave off and fight depression. So if you’re feeling a bit down lately, get yo self a coloring book and some colored pencils and get yo color on!
Tip #2: Music!
Did you know if you listen to between 5-15 songs a day it has been known to help lift your mood and spirits? So put on your favorite soundtrack from your favorite game or anime or listen to your favorite artist/band and enjoy! PRO-TIP: sing and dance along! It lifts your spirits up even higher and you just have fun! (And think of all those calories you would be burning :P)
Tip #3: Get lost in a game!
Replay one of your favorite games or get lost in a totally new world. Sometimes the best way to fight the winter blues is to escape your own reality for a bit. I do suggest trying not to go too heavy though as this can backfire. (I am talking about you, The Last of Us)
Tip #4: Read!
Whether its a manga or an actual book, read. Same idea as tip #3, get yourself out of your own head and immerse yourself in someone else’s world.
Tip #5: Draw or write!
This is a great time to get those creative juices flowing! Draw some of your favorite characters or write an alternate ending to a game or even write a campaign for a role-playing game to play with your friends (D&D or VTM anyone?) You never know what amazing ideas may come out! And its a great way to work out some of those feelings and emotions.
Well I hope y’all found these tips to be helpful. Let me know what you do to help with your winter blues!
Until Wednesday, friends! Stay classy and sassy 🙂